About this book
This concise and practical handbook covers the basics of pathophysiology, diagnosis, interdisciplinary surgical management, prevention and rehabilitation of patients with deep sternal wound infections and sternal osteomyelitis.
All relevant aspects and surgical procedures are explained in an easily understandable way. Additionally special approaches and preventive measures are highlighted with regard to the perioperative handling as well as the rehabilitation possibilities.Through concise texts with numerous illustrations, the book is ideal for the practice and as a supplement to further studies.
This book is suitable for all specialists who are involved into the treatment and diagnosis
of sternal wound infections, particularly cardio-thoracis, thoracic, plastic, vascular
surgeons, cardiologists, radiologists, and rehabilitation physicians.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Deep Sternal Wound Infections
Raymund E. Horch
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-49766-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-662-49764-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-57033-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-662-49766-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 138
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Intensive / Critical Care Medicine
- Buy this book on publisher's site