Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on the interaction between shipping and the natural environment and how shipping can strive to become more sustainable. Readers are guided in marine environmental awareness, environmental regulations and abatement technologies to assist in decisions on strategy, policy and investments.
You will get familiar with possible paths to improve environmental performance and, in the long term, to a sustainable shipping sector, based on an understanding of the sources and mechanisms of common impacts. You will also gain knowledge on emissions and discharges from ships, prevention measures, environmental regulations, and methods and tools for environmental assessment. In addition, the book includes a chapter on the background to regulating pollution from ships.
It is intended as a source of information for professionals connected to maritime activities as well as policy makers and interested public. It is also intended as a textbook in higher education academic programmes.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Shipping and the Environment
- Book Subtitle Improving Environmental Performance in Marine Transportation
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-49045-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-662-49043-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-56971-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-662-49045-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIII, 426
- Number of Illustrations 28 b/w illustrations, 49 illustrations in colour
Marine & Freshwater Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site