About this book
This book examines in detail the correlation, more precisely the weighted correlation, and applications involving rankings. A general application is the evaluation of methods to predict rankings. Others involve rankings representing human preferences to infer user preferences; the use of weighted correlation with microarray data and those in the domain of time series. In this book we present new weighted correlation coefficients and new methods of weighted principal component analysis.
We also introduce new methods of dimension reduction and clustering for time series data, and describe some theoretical results on the weighted correlation coefficients in separate sections.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-48344-2
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-48343-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-48344-2
- Series Print ISSN 2191-544X
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5458
- Buy this book on publisher's site