Table of contents
About this book
The second edition of The Growing Spine has been extensively revised to cover recent advances in knowledge and management, as documented in the significant body of literature published since the first edition. The book will serve as a comprehensive, one-stop reference for specialists and health professionals who care for young children with spinal deformities. In addition, it will effectively help to standardize the care of these patients.
While important progress has been achieved in the field of spinal disorders in very young children over the past two decades, the treatment of such conditions remains challenging owing to the age of the patients, the varying etiologies, and the progressive nature of the deformities. There also may be associated issues such as congenital anomalies, respiratory insufficiency, and neurologic problems. Depending on the etiology of the deformity, these children are often cared for by multiple specialists including pediatricians, pediatric orthopaedists or orthopaedic spine surgeons, neurologists, pediatric surgeons, pediatric neurosurgeons, oncologists, and pulmonologists.
The multidisciplinary nature of care is reflected in The Growing Spine, which will be of value for all involved practitioners rather than just orthopaedic specialists. It will also be an ideal reference for nurses, physical therapists, and healthcare professionals in training, who are usually unfamiliar with spinal deformities in children.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title The Growing Spine
- Book Subtitle Management of Spinal Disorders in Young Children
Behrooz A. Akbarnia
George H. Thompson
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-48284-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-662-48283-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-50107-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-662-48284-1
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XXVII, 949
- Number of Illustrations 264 b/w illustrations, 189 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site