Table of contents
About this book
This research book provides the reader with a selection of high-quality texts dedicated to current progress, new developments and research trends in feature selection for data and pattern recognition.
Even though it has been the subject of interest for some time, feature selection remains one of actively pursued avenues of investigations due to its importance and bearing upon other problems and tasks.
This volume points to a number of advances topically subdivided into four parts: estimation of importance of characteristic features, their relevance, dependencies, weighting and ranking; rough set approach to attribute reduction with focus on relative reducts; construction of rules and their evaluation; and data- and domain-oriented methodologies.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-45620-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-45619-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-45620-0
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- Buy this book on publisher's site