About this book
The book describes how plant biomass can be used as renewable feedstock for producing and further processing various products. Particular attention is given to microbial processes both for the digestion of biomass and the synthesis of platform chemicals, biofuels and secondary products.
Topics covered include: new metabolic pathways of microbes living on green plants and in silage; using lignocellulosic hydrolysates for the production of polyhydroxyalkanoates; fungi such as Penicillium as host for the production of heterologous proteins and enzymes; bioconversion of sugar hydrolysates into lipids; production of succinic acid, lactones, lactic acid and organic lactates using different bacteria species; cellulose hydrolyzing bacteria in the production of biogas from plant biomass; and isoprenoid compounds in engineered microbes.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-45209-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-45208-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-45209-7
- Series Print ISSN 1862-5576
- Series Online ISSN 1862-5584
- Buy this book on publisher's site