Table of contents
About this book
Focusing on high-dimensional applications, this 4th edition presents the tools and concepts used in multivariate data analysis in a style that is also accessible for non-mathematicians and practitioners. It surveys the basic principles and emphasizes both exploratory and inferential statistics; a new chapter on Variable Selection (Lasso, SCAD and Elastic Net) has also been added. All chapters include practical exercises that highlight applications in different multivariate data analysis fields: in quantitative financial studies, where the joint dynamics of assets are observed; in medicine, where recorded observations of subjects in different locations form the basis for reliable diagnoses and medication; and in quantitative marketing, where consumers’ preferences are collected in order to construct models of consumer behavior. All of these examples involve high to ultra-high dimensions and represent a number of major fields in big data analysis.
The fourth edition of this book on Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis offers the following new features:
- A new chapter on Variable Selection (Lasso, SCAD and Elastic Net)
- All exercises are supplemented by R and MATLAB code that can be found on www.quantlet.de
The practical exercises include solutions that can be found in Härdle, W. and Hlavka, Z., Multivariate Statistics: Exercises and Solutions. Springer Verlag, Heidelberg.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-45171-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-45170-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-45171-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site