About this book
This volume covers all aspects of infection by pathogenic Leptospira species, the causative agents of the world’s most widespread zoonosis. Topics include aspects of human and animal leptospirosis as well as detailed analyses of our current knowledge of leptospiral structure and physiology, epidemiology, pathogenesis, genomics, immunity and vaccines. Updates are presented on leptospiral systematics, identification and diagnostics, as well as practical information on culture of Leptospira. Contact information is also provided for Leptospira reference centers.
All chapters were written by experts in the field, providing an invaluable reference source for scientists, veterinarians, clinicians and all others with an interest in leptospirosis.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-45059-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-45058-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-45059-8
- Series Print ISSN 0070-217X
- Series Online ISSN 2196-9965
- Buy this book on publisher's site