About this book
This book is an indispensable tool for anyone involved in the research, development, or manufacture of new or existing vaccines. It describes a wide array of analytical and quality control technologies for the diverse vaccine modalities.
Topics covered include the application of both classical and modern bio-analytical tools; procedures to assure safety and control of cross contamination; consistent biological transition of vaccines from the research laboratory to manufacturing scale; whole infectious attenuated organisms, such as live-attenuated and inactivated whole-cell bacterial vaccines and antiviral vaccines using attenuated or inactivated viruses; principles of viral inactivation and the application of these principles to vaccine development; recombinant DNA approaches to produce modern prophylactic vaccines; bacterial subunit, polysaccharide and glycoconjugate vaccines; combination vaccines that contain multiple antigens as well as regulatory requirements and the hurdles of licensure.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-45024-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-45023-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-45024-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site