Table of contents
About this book
A History of Chinese Science and Technology (Volumes 1, 2 & 3) presents 44 individual lectures, beginning with Ancient Chinese Science and Technology in the Process of Human Civilizations and an Overview of Chinese Science and Technology, and continuing with in-depth discussions of several issues in the History of Science and the Needham Puzzle, interspersed with topics on Astronomy, Arithmetic, Agriculture and Medicine, The Four Great Inventions, and various technological areas closely related to clothing, food, shelter and transportation.
This book is the most authoritative work on the history of Chinese Science and Technology. It is the Winner of the China Book Award, the Shanghai Book Award (1st prize), and the Classical China International Publishing Project (GAPP, General Administration of Press and Publication of China) and offers an essential resource for academic researchers and non-experts alike.
It originated with a series of 44 lectures presented to top Chinese leaders, which received very positive feedback. Written by top Chinese scholars in their respective fields from the Institute for the History of Natural Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences and many other respected Chinese organizations, the book is intended for scientists, researchers and postgraduate students working in the history of science, philosophy of science and technology, and related disciplines. Yongxiang Lu is a professor, former president and member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and Vice Chairman of the National Congress of China.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title A History of Chinese Science and Technology
- Book Subtitle Volume 2
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-44166-4
- Copyright Information Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press, Shanghai and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law History (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-662-44165-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-51389-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-662-44166-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 493
- Number of Illustrations 344 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Jointly published with Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press, Shanghai, China
History of Science
Philosophy of Science
Philosophy of Technology
- Buy this book on publisher's site