About these proceedings
The integrated and advanced science research topic man-machine-environment system engineering (MMESE) was first established in China by Professor Shengzhao Long in 1981, with direct support from one of the greatest modern Chinese scientists, Xuesen Qian. In a letter to Shengzhao Long from October 22nd, 1993, Xuesen Qian wrote: “You have created a very important modern science and technology in China!”
MMESE primarily focuses on the relationship between man, machines and the environment, studying the optimum combination of man-machine-environment systems. In this system, “man” refers to people in the workplace (e.g. operators, decision-makers); “ machine” is the general name for any object controlled by man (including tools, machinery, computers, systems and technologies), and “environment” describes the specific working conditions under which man and machine interact (e.g. temperature, noise, vibration, hazardous gases etc.). The three goals of optimization of man-machine-environment systems are to ensure safety, efficiency and economy.
Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Man-Machine-Environment System Engineering are an academic showcase of the best papers selected from more than 400 submissions, introducing readers to the top research topics and the latest developmental trends in the theory and application of MMESE.
These proceedings are interdisciplinary studies on the concepts and methods of physiology, psychology, system engineering, computer science, environment science, management, education, and other related disciplines. Researchers and professionals working in these interdisciplinary fields and researchers on MMESE related topics will benefit from these proceedings.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Man–Machine–Environment System Engineering
Balbir S. Dhillon
- Series Title Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering
- Series Abbreviated Title Lect. Notes Electrical Eng.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-44067-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-662-44066-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-51556-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-662-44067-4
- Series ISSN 1876-1100
- Series E-ISSN 1876-1119
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXII, 445
- Number of Illustrations 124 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Robotics and Automation
Aerospace Technology and Astronautics
Quality Control, Reliability, Safety and Risk
- Buy this book on publisher's site