About this book
This book is devoted to the arithmetical theory of Siegel modular forms and their L-functions. The central object are L-functions of classical Siegel modular forms whose special values are studied using the Rankin-Selberg method and the action of certain differential operators on modular forms which have nice arithmetical properties.
A new method of p-adic interpolation of these critical values is presented. An important class of p-adic L-functions treated in the present book are p-adic L-functions of Siegel modular forms having logarithmic growth (which were first introduced by Amice, Velu and Vishik in the elliptic modular case when they come from a good supersingular reduction of ellptic curves and abelian varieties). The given construction of these p-adic L-functions uses precise algebraic properties of the arihmetical Shimura differential operator.
The book could be very useful for postgraduate students and for non-experts giving a quick access to a rapidly developping domain of algebraic number theory: the arithmetical theory of L-functions and modular forms.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-21541-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1991
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-54137-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-21541-8
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Series Online ISSN 1617-9692
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking