About this book
Presented in two parts, this first comprehensive overview addresses all aspects of energetic ion irradiation of polymers. Earlier publications and review articles concentrated on selected topics only. And the need for such a work has grown with the dramatic increase of research and applications, such as in photoresists, waveguides, and medical dosimetry, during the last decade.
The first part, "Fundamentals of Ion-Irradiated Polymers", covers the physical, chemical and instrumental fundamentals; treats the specific irradiation mechanisms of low- and high-energy ions (including similarities and differences); and details the potential for future technological application. All the new findings are carefully analyzed and presented in a systematic way, while open questions are identified.
The second volume, "Transport Processes in Ion-Irradiated Polymers", deals with transport processes in both unirradiated and irradiated polymers. As both a review and a stimulus, this work seeks to contribute substantially to the literature and advancement of polymeric devices, from both the low- and high-energy regimes.
- Book Title Transport Processes in Ion-Irradiated Polymers
- Series Title Springer Series in Materials Science
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-10608-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-20943-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-05894-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-662-10608-2
- Series ISSN 0933-033X
- Series E-ISSN 2196-2812
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 337
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Characterization and Evaluation of Materials
Surfaces and Interfaces, Thin Films
Electronics and Microelectronics, Instrumentation
- Buy this book on publisher's site