Table of contents
About this book
The parametric lambda calculus is a metamodel for reasoning about various kinds of computations. Its syntactic definition is based on the notion of "sets of input values", and different lambda calculi can be obtained from it by instantiating such sets in suitable ways.
The parametric lambda calculus is used as a tool for presenting in a uniform way basic notions of programming languages, and for studying with a uniform approach some lambda calculi modeling different kinds of computations, such as call-by-name, both in its lazy and non-lazy versions, and call-by-value. The parametric presentation allows us both to prove in one step all the fundamental properties of different calculi, and to compare them with each other.
The book includes some classical results in the field of lambda calculi, but completely rephrased using the parametric approach, together with some new results. The lambda calculi are presented from a computer science viewpoint, with particular emphasis on their semantics, both operational and denotational.
This book is dedicated to researchers, and can be used as a textbook for masters or Ph.D. courses on the foundations of computer science.
- Book Title The Parametric Lambda Calculus
- Book Subtitle A Metamodel for Computation
- Series Title Texts in Theoretical Computer Science
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-10394-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-20032-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-05746-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-662-10394-4
- Series ISSN 1862-4499
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 248
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Mathematical Logic and Foundations
Mathematical Logic and Formal Languages
Programming Languages, Compilers, Interpreters
Computation by Abstract Devices
Logics and Meanings of Programs
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking