Table of contents
About this book
This book summarises the results of the project TAMI (Technology Assessment in Europe; between Method and Impact); a two-year project that brought together the main institutes of technology assessment in Europe, both parliamentary and non-parliamentary ones. TAMI created a structured dialogue between technology assessment experts and policymakers on current methodologies and their impact in policymaking.
The TAMI team explored and assessed the whole spectrum of methodologies from the "classical" to the "interactive/participatory" and "communicative", identified good practices in project implementation and set the stage for impact evaluation based on objective criteria. Moreover the team investigated wider influencing factors in technology assessment, ranging from "institutional settings" to "lobbying activities", "industry technology assessment" and "cultural aspects" that are also presented in detail. Finally the book offers a series of policy recommendations based on the findings of the project.
Science, Society and Policy, are three areas that technology assessment functions within and works for; this book is an attempt to improve the interaction amongst them for a more socially and economically sustainable Science and Technology policy in Europe.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-06171-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-05960-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-06171-8
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4803
- Series Online ISSN 1860-4811
- Buy this book on publisher's site