About this book
Advances in plant cell molecular biology have considerably increased our understanding of pollen-pistil barriers, particularly those operated by incompatibility mechanisms, and, at the same time, demonstrated the complexity and diversity of rejection systems once considered to be relatively simple. This book reviews the impressive knowledge acquired in the last century on the biology, particularly the inheritance and population genetics of self-incompatibility, and presents the new approaches to the study of the structure, function and evolution of incompatibility alleles and the analysis of cell-cell recognition and pollen rejection. The different methods now available for transforming the breeding behaviour of higher plants are also discussed.
Evolution Griffel Incompability Inkompatibilität Kinease Mutation Pollen Pollen-Pistil- Barriers Ribonuclease Ribonuklease S-Locus Stempel
- Book Title Incompatibility and Incongruity in Wild and Cultivated Plants
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-04502-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2001
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-65217-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-08457-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-662-04502-2
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XXX, 322
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Originally published as volume 3 in the series: Monographs on Theoretical and Applied Genetics with the title: "Incompatibility in Angiosperms"
- Buy this book on publisher's site