About this book
Based on the diverging interests of Germany and Poland as influential members of the European Union on the Eastern Partnership (EaP), the contributions in the anthology analyse specifics and current problems of the states in EU’s Eastern neighbourhood. By including the interests of Russia and the USA, which go beyond the EU, the geostrategic implications of these relations for the Eurasian region will also be highlighted. The studies of renowned German and Polish experts represent the results of individual research and bilateral exchange on the current state of EU’s relations towards its Eastern neighbours.
- The EU and its concept of neighbourhood
- Germany and Poland: Common interests and different views on the EaP
- Cooperation and conflict in the Eastern neighbourhood of the EU
- Russia’s influence on the EaP and on national policies
- Researchers and students in Political Science
- Journalists and practitioners
Prof. Dr. Wolfram Hilz, Professor of Political Science with a special focus on Foreign and Security Policy and European Studies at the University of Bonn.
Dr. Shushanik Minasyan, Research fellow with a special focus on EU Neighbourhood Policy and Energy Policy at the University of Bonn.
Dr. habil. Maciej Raś, Associate Professor with a special focus on EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood and Russia at the University of Warsaw.
Ambiguities of Europe’s Eastern Neighbourhood Perspectives from Germany and Poland EU Eastern Partnership EaP EU Neighbourhood Policy ENP Germany‘s Policy in Eastern Europe Poland’s Policy in Eastern Europe Polish Energy Interests Russia’s Policy in Eastern Europe EU and Ukraine EU and Belarus Russia’s influence on the EaP
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Ambiguities of Europe’s Eastern Neighbourhood
- Book Subtitle Perspectives from Germany and Poland
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-29856-2
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-29855-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-29856-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VI, 145
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking