About this book
Jannik Götz develops a treatment concept for sufferers of Seasonal Affective Disorder, commonly known as winter depression. Unlike existing solutions that focus on medical remission only, the author aims at creating a user experience that is alleviating symptoms of this disease in a motivating and hassle-free way. By utilizing a variety of research techniques, the author gains valuable user-driven insights that are directly transformed into a novel approach to light therapy. The result is a light lamp that resolves shortcomings and issues of current treatment approaches. A business plan and its associated requirements complement the overall concept.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder and its Characteristics
- Human-Centered Design Research
- Design and Product Development
- Business Plan
- Lecturers and students in psychology, industrial design, user experience design, product management
- People working in product development, industrial and UX designers as well as scientists and psychologists interested in winter depression and its treatment conditions.
Jannik Götz completed his bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design at the University of Applied Sciences Pforzheim, Germany, before finishing his master’s degree in Design and Product Management at the University of Applied Sciences Salzburg, Austria, and at Jönköping University, Sweden. Today, he is working for an international lighting company in Germany.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-28827-3
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-28826-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-28827-3
- Series Print ISSN 2625-3577
- Series Online ISSN 2625-3615
- Buy this book on publisher's site