Table of contents
About this book
Internationally, documentation has gained importance in institutional contexts of early childhood during the last 20 years. This edited volume illuminates different practices and aspects of documentation in early childhood and provides theoretically informed analytical perspectives on documentation in childhood institutions. Whilst drawing on different national and early service contexts, the edited volume explores the ways in which documentation may be consequential in childhood and in the practices of early childhood professionals. The different chapters examine assessment and normativity in documentation, children’s participation in it, and the impact of documentation on professionalism. The edited volume is targeted to students, researchers and professionals in the field of education and social sciences.
Dr. Maarit Alasuutari works as Professor at Department of Education of University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
Dr. Helga Kelle works as Professor at Department of Education of Bielefeld University, Germany.
Dr. Helen Knauf works as Professor at Department of Social Work at Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Documentation in Institutional Contexts of Early Childhood
- Book Subtitle Normalisation, Participation and Professionalism
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-28193-9
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-28192-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-28193-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VI, 257
- Number of Illustrations 9 b/w illustrations, 4 illustrations in colour
Early Childhood Education
Research Methods in Education
- Buy this book on publisher's site