Table of contents
About this book
The European Social Model is at a crossroad. Although from the 1990s onwards, the threat of an imminent crisis shaped much of the rhetoric surrounding the future of the welfare state, disagreement within the academic community remains. What is however increasingly clear is that with the global financial crisis and the Euro crisis that followed it, the challenges the European Social Model faces have become more acute and demand action. This volume launches a multifaceted inquiry into these challenges. Each contribution, written by renowned scholars in their fields, represents an in-depth exploration of issues that cut to the core of current political, economic and social processes. They are an invitation to the seasoned scholars as well as to the beginning students of social sciences, public administration or journalism to engage with, by now, a large body of scholarship, to accompany the authors in their endeavours to seek an explanation to burning questions and start their own inquiries.
- Transformation of Neo-Corporatism
- Politics of Welfare State Reform
- Political Determinants of Socio-Economic Outcomes
- Democracies in Hard Times
- Challenges for Europe
- Teachers, researchers and practitioners in the areas of political science, public administration, sociology, economics and journalism
Romana Careja is Associate Professor at the University of Southern Denmark.
Patrick Emmenegger is Professor at the University of St. Gallen.
Nathalie Giger is Associate Professor at the University of Geneva.
Welfare state Democracy Neo-Corporatism European Union Redistribution Populism Comparative Politics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-27043-8
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-27042-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-27043-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking