About this book
Dominik Pelzer presents a framework for investigating and optimizing the profitability of energy storage systems. The author deploys the methodology to assess the benefits of electric vehicle smart charging and to investigate the financial viability of arbitrage using battery energy storage systems. He evaluates the factors influencing profitability and identifies conditions for profitable operation. Due to the framework's modular design, these considerations can be extended to a large variety of storage technologies and scenarios to identify optimal operating parameters.
- Smart Grids, Electricity Markets, Energy Storage and Electric Vehicles
- Scheduling and Simulation Framework
- Approach for Scheduling of Energy Storage Systems
- Assessment of the Economic Viability of Battery Energy Storage Systems
- Researchers and students in the fields of energy engineering, electrical engineering and computer science
- Practitioners in the fields of energy storage systems, energy engineering and electric vehicles
Dominik Pelzer obtained his doctoral degree from Technical University of Munich (TUM)/Germany through research conducted at the Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise (CREATE) in Singapore. His research areas include modeling of complex systems with a focus on energy systems, energy storage and urban transportation infrastructures.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-27024-7
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer Vieweg, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-27023-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-27024-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site