About this book
Thorsten Pieper explores the impact of innovation barriers along the user innovation process, in particular whether technological, social, legal and ownership barriers change the properties of user-developed products. This study roots from the “open innovation” research field and reveals insights from innovating users in “collaborative workspaces”. The results prove a hierarchical allocation of innovation barriers regarding their influence on the end-product and moderating influences of user innovators’ personal characteristics. The author discusses these insights and provides practical recommendations for more efficient promotion of user innovations and successful integration in corporate "co-creation" projects.
- Identification of barriers in the user innovation process
- Criteria for distinction of barriers and resource-based problems
- Analysis of moderating effects of innovators’ openness on product properties
- Researchers and students of engineering, technology and innovation management, business engineering and business administration
- Practitioners in the field of technology and innovation management, product management and product development
Thorsten Pieper is project manager and researcher at the Institute for Technology and Innovation Management focusing on open innovation in the field of aircraft industries, agricultural machinery and consumer goods. He graduated at the Hamburg University of Technology with Prof. Dr. Cornelius Herstatt.
Open and User Innovation User Innovation Process User Innovator Characteristics Lead User Research Quantitative Study Collaborative Workspaces User Innovation Barriers’ Impact User-Developed Products Empirical Investigation Identification of barriers Criteria for distinction of barriers Resource-based problems Moderating effects of innovators’ openness Product properties
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-25506-0
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-25505-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-25506-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site