Table of contents
About this book
Against the backdrop of combating the financial and economic crisis in the European Union for the past decade, this volume strives to explore the manifold impacts the prevailing crisis management has on the further alignment of European Integration. The efforts targeted at overcoming the financial and economic crisis evoked far-reaching consequences on the societal, economic, and political level within European member states, which in turn challenge the institutional alignment, democratic legitimacy and economic coherence of the European Union. Taking into account current developments in the EU, the contributions presented in this volume focus on the ‘fault lines’ in the integration process, i.e. questions of policy coherence, democratic accountability, financialization, militarization, migration, gendered social and economic asymmetries as well as the rise of populist and extreme right-wing parties. The volume focuses on how these different developments come together by relating aspects of transdisciplinary research to uncover the fault lines in the European integration project in the subsequent chapters.
Economic and Democratic Governance • Right Wing Populism and Right Extreme Parties • Financialization and Militarization • Social Exclusion, Welfare and Migration Policies
EditorsProf. (FH) Dr. Stefanie Wöhl, University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna.
Prof. (FH) Dr. Elisabeth Springler, University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna.
Mag. Martin Pachel, University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna.
Dr. Bernhard Zeilinger, University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna.
Austerity Financial Market Capitalism Populism Extremism Governance Gender
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-25419-3
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-25418-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-25419-3
- Series Print ISSN 2625-7076
- Series Online ISSN 2625-7084
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking