About this book
This book offers a comprehensive guide to Business Development (BD): what it is, what professional skills are needed, why it is vital to business growth, and how to implement it successfully in a corporation. The book draws on the author’s considerable expertise and experience, gained in his position as Business Development Manager for a multinational IT company with offices in a dozen countries.
Taking a step-by-step approach, the book reviews the principles of Business Development, from goals and change management, through stakeholder interests, lean startup mentality and corporate culture in general. It also examines the process of Business Development in detail, and includes separate chapters on the structure, life cycle and management of the portfolio and the allocation of corporate, internal and external resources in the development plan. The case study section follows a hypothetical company through the conception, creation and implementation of a Business Development plan.
This book inspires readers from corporate executives and managers, to academic researchers and business students.
- Business Development: role, role profile, business unit, process
- Portfolio structure, management and life cycle
- Target market
- Market cultivation strategy
- Case study
- Six steps to Business Development
- Responsible persons from sales and marketing
- Project and product managers of all industries
- Students of Business Administration and Business Informatics
Andreas Kohne works as Business Development and Sales Manager at the Dortmund-based company Materna TMT in Germany. He previously worked in the areas of Business and Corporate Development as well as the assistant to the management of the parent company in Dortmund. He has a doctorate in Computer Science from the TU Dortmund and writes reference books in the areas of IT and business.
Business Development Marketing Portfolio management Ressource management Target markets Marketing strategy Business Development Management Business Case Study Business Best Practices Business Plan book Business strategy book Corporate Culture book Business Development Case Study Lean Startup Strategy Market Cultivation Strategy Business development reference Customer-oriented business development
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-24726-3
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer Vieweg, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-24725-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-24726-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site