Table of contents
Historical and Legal Perspectives: Migration and Social Rights in a Globalized Society
Political Perspectives: Migration Governance between Treating Symptoms and Combating Causes
Cultural Perspectives: Dealing with Difference in Urban Environments
Challenging the Deficit Perspective: Benefits and Pitfalls of Diversification
About this book
The so-called ‘refugee crisis’ represents one of the biggest contemporary political and social challenges. Although many African countries have been dealing with forced migratory and refugee movements for decades, their experiences have so far largely been neglected in the predominantly Eurocentric public debate. The present volume aims to bridge this gap by providing comparative African and European perspectives from different disciplines, highlighting the challenges but also potential mutual benefits of social diversification, and offering an insight into possible solution strategies.
- Migration and Social Rights in a Globalized Society
- Migration Governance between Treating Symptoms and Combating Causes
- Researchers and students in the fields of political science, law, anthropology
- Practitioners in NGOs and public administration, policy makers
The EditorsProf. Dr. Elisabeth Wacker holds the Chair of Sociology of Diversity at the Technical University of Munich and is Max Planck Fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
Prof. Dr. Ulrich Becker, LL.M. (EHI), is Director at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy, Munich.Katharina Crepaz, Ph.D., is a post-doctoral research associate at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy and at the Chair of Sociology of Diversity, Technical University of Munich.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-24538-2
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-24537-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-24538-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking