About this book
In recent years, the design of contracts in supply chains has received significant attention from researchers and practitioners. Companies try to improve their profits by designing efficient contracts that ensure a high availability of the product at a low cost. In this book the author presents a quantitative approach for designing optimal supply chain contracts. Firstly, service level contracts, which are frequently used between a supplier and a manufacturer, are analyzed. For this contract type, optimal contract parameter combinations are identified that lead to a coordinated supply chain. Secondly, an optimal contract selection strategy is developed for a supply chain where a manufacturer can choose among multiple potential buyers.
Potential readership includes scholars of supply chain management and management science, graduate students interested in these areas as well as interested practitioners involved in negotiating contracts.
Supply Chain Supply Chain Contract Management service level contract Supply Chain Contract Optimal Channel Selection
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-24382-1
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2008
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-24381-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-24382-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site