About this book
Logistics providers typically own large fleets of transportation vehicles such as rail cars or trucks. These fleets do not only determine to a large extent the service level the company can offer, but also make up a large part of total costs. Proper management of the fleet is therefore a crucial factor for these companies.
In this book the author presents planning approaches that address the optimal management of vehicle fleets. Firstly, methods for determining the mixture of vehicle types and the optimal size of a fleet are developed. Secondly, approaches for supporting new service models such as customer segmentation are derived.
Potential readership includes scholars and graduate students who are interested in the field of fleet planning and practitioners from logistics companies looking for new planning approaches.
Rental Systems Optimization Queuing Loss Theory Cargo Vehicle Logistics provider
- Book Title Optimization of Rental Systems
- Book Subtitle Queuing Loss Theory for the Optimization of Cargo Vehicle Rental Systems
- Series Title Edition KWV
- Series Abbreviated Title Edition KWV
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-24313-5
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2007
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Economics and Finance (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-24312-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-24313-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIX, 145
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Originally published by Kölner Wissenschaftsverlag, Köln, 2007
- Buy this book on publisher's site