About this book
Behavioral operations management is a new and growing research field incorporating behavioral aspects of decision making into operations management models, challenging the assumption of fully rational decision makers. Behavioral aspects include risk-aversion, mental accounting, reference points, or bounded rationality.
In this book the author presents experimental and empirical studies that address behavioral decision making in the supply chain contracting context. First, different behavioral aspects are incorporated in the decision making process of a buyback and a revenue sharing contract. Second, an empirical decision maker is analyzed facing a service level contract.
Potential readership includes scholars and graduate students who are interested in the field of behavioral operations management and practitioners looking for behavioral aspects of decision making in supply chain contracting context.
Supply Chain Contracting Behavioral operations management decision making studies rational decision
- Book Title Behavioral Supply Chain Contracting
- Book Subtitle Decision Biases in Behavioral Operations Management
- Series Title Edition KWV
- Series Abbreviated Title Edition KWV
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-23885-8
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2012
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-23884-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-23885-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 129
- Number of Illustrations 38 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Ursprünglich erschienen bei Kölner Wissenschaftsverlag, Köln, 2012
- Buy this book on publisher's site