About this book
Inventory Management in Multi-Echelon Networks presents methods to plan inventory in distribution networks. By holistically looking at the supply chain, it shows how safety stocks across all echelons can be optimized if inventory of all levels is taken into consideration. The gap between the existence of advanced inventory planning methods and their low penetration in the industry was the motivation for this book. Christopher Grob develops essential algorithms that companies can use for network inventory planning and highlights achievable implementation benefits. The work of the author was inspired by the needs of an after sales supply chain of a large automotive company. This company supplies customers all over the world with spare parts and operates a distribution network with more than 100 warehouses. This supply chain faces two particular challenges: demand is highly uncertain and customers expect a high service level.
- Inventory Management
- Multi-Echelon Distribution Networks and Optimization
- Experimental Results and Real-World Application
- Students and scientists in the field of economic sciences, industrial engineering, mathematics, and operations research
- Practitioners in supply chain management and logistics
About the AuthorChristopher Grob works in after sales supply chain management at a major German automotive company. He is responsible for the functional development of inventory planning systems for the spare parts business. He is an expert in the field of inventory management.
Inventory Management Multi-Echelon Optimization Multi-Echelon Networks Optimization of Reorder Points Supply Chain Management Distribution Networks Wait Time Approximations Inventory Optimization Simulation with Real World Data Service Level Spare Parts Planning
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-23375-4
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-23374-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-23375-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site