About this book
The thesis of Kristina Reimer provides a comprehensive analysis of asymmetric cost behavior (also known as cost stickiness) by discussing its origin and development in the theoretical and empirical research from the 1920s of the past century up until today. Further, using an empirical approach, she investigates the implications of asymmetric cost behavior for credit and financial risk of a firm. In addition, she provides an introduction into credit risk fundamentals by focusing on credit default swaps. Thereby she analyses the development of credit default swap market as well as the components of credit spreads. Finally, she provides several suggestions for future research.
- The concept of cost stickiness
- Foundations of credit risk fundamentals and methods of determining credit risk
- Credit default swaps
- Does cost stickiness affect credit or financial risk?
- Researchers and students in the fields of finance and accounting
- Professional capital market investors, financial analysts, corporate managers, and anyone interested in cost behavior
Dr. Kristina Reimer received her doctoral degree at the University of Cologne. Her supervisor was Prof. Dr. Carsten Homburg from the Department of Management Accounting.
Cost stickiness Credit spreads Credit default swaps Credit default swap market Structural models Reduced-form models Asymmetric Cost Behavior Credit and Financial Risk of a Firm
- Book Title Asymmetric Cost Behavior
- Book Subtitle Implications for the Credit and Financial Risk of a Firm
- Series Title Quantitatives Controlling
- Series Abbreviated Title QuantControlling
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-22822-4
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-22821-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-22822-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIV, 156
- Number of Illustrations 19 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site