About this book
This publication focuses on competency orientation in higher education, illustrating international assessment practices for measuring student learning outcomes. For Germany, the Modeling and Measuring Competencies in Higher Education (KoKoHs) research program contributes exemplary approaches, and solutions to current challenges in higher education. KoKoHs models and tests can be used for entrance examination, formative and summative assessment of domain-specific and generic competencies and as a basis for developing new teaching-and-learning tools and formats promoting these competencies.
Competency Orientation in Higher Education • International Assessment Practices • Modeling and Measuring Competencies in Germany (KoKoHs) • Challenges in Higher Education and KoKoHs Results • Development Perspectives for Higher Education Research and Practice
Researchers, students, and all stakeholders of higher education policy and practice
Prof. Dr. Olga Zlatkin-Troitschanskaia is Chair of Business and Economics Education at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany.
Prof. Dr. Hans Anand Pant is Chair of Research Methods in Education at Humboldt Universitaet Berlin, Germany.
Corinna Lautenbach and Dimitar Molerov are research assistants in the Department of Education Studies at Humboldt Universitaet Berlin.
Miriam Toepper and Dr. Sebastian Brückner are research assistants in the Department of Business and Economics Education at Johannes Gutenberg University
- Book Title Modeling and Measuring Competencies in Higher Education
- Book Subtitle Approaches to Challenges in Higher Education Policy and Practice
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-15486-8
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2017
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-15485-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-15486-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VII, 127
- Number of Illustrations 3 b/w illustrations, 9 illustrations in colour
Assessment, Testing and Evaluation
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking