About this book
Matthias Bertram aims to develop a deeper understanding of software customization and its strategic role for software product management. Drawing on the conceptual foundation of the resource-based view of the firm, such as resources, capabilities, and dynamic capabilities, the author conducts two qualitative investigations: the first within vendor and customer firms to develop an in-depth understanding of the value of software customization as well as the vendor resources and capabilities necessary to successfully provide software customization and the second on the vendor’s dynamic capabilities necessary to generate temporary competitive advantage from software customization in product management activities.
- The Business of Software
- Software Customization and Product Management
- Qualitative Investigation I: Exploring Software Customization from the Vendors’ and Customers’ Perspectives
- Qualitative Investigation II: Elaborating the Strategic Role of Customization for Software Product Development
- Researchers and students of software customization and software product management
- Decision makers in software vendor firms
Dr. Matthias Bertram wrote his dissertation under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Harald von Korflesch at the Computer Science Faculty at the University of Koblenz-Landau.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-14858-4
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2016
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-14857-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-14858-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site