About this book
This book is about the past as well as the future in organisations in general and about an organisation’s temporal contextualisation in particular. The author analyses, how organisations are able to construct a present with respect to their past and future. The study is based on an empirical case study, in which an R&D department has been followed for a six month-period in order to analyse how an organisation orients itself with respect to its past, present and future from the perspective of communication-centred social systems theory.
- Social memory studies
- The concept of the organisational memory function
- The contingency of possible pasts and futures at Entertain Corp.
- Contributions to organisational memory studies
- Contributions to Social Systems Theory
- Scholars and students of sociology, organisation sociology, organisation studies, social memory studies, management research, innovation management
Felix Langenmayr works as a consultant in the field of IT management and digitalisation of organisations. Next to this he is a researcher at the University of Zurich, Switzerland. His current research focuses mainly on temporality in organisations and the communicative constitution of organisations.
Luhmann System Theory Social systems theory Social memory contextualization
- Book Title Organisational Memory as a Function
- Book Subtitle The Construction of Past, Present and Future in Organisations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-12868-5
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2016
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-12867-8
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-12868-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIII, 180
- Number of Illustrations 18 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Organizational Studies, Economic Sociology
- Buy this book on publisher's site