About this book
Nicolai C. Striewe analyzes potential opportunistic behavior of REIT managers and provides empirical evidence on the effectiveness of institutional monitoring as a corporate governance mechanism. The author also suggests ways to promote sustainable management by means of institutional participation. The results of his study provide valuable insights to enhance corporate governance, transparency and efficiency in the REIT market. They encourage (a) academics to include a behavioral component into studies of the REIT market, (b) REIT managers to incorporate effective monitoring and control mechanisms, (c) investors to become more aware of agency conflicts in REITs and (d) policy makers to facilitate a legal framework conducive to a sustainable REIT market.
Contents· Corporate Governance and the Leverage of REITs: The Impact of the Advisor Structure
· The Impact of Institutional Ownership on the Performance of REITs and REOCs: The Corporate Governance Effect· What Drives Institutions to Invest in REITs
Target Groups· Researchers, students and practitioner in the field of real estate investment, real estate finance, corporate governance, interest alignment and REITs
About the Author
Dr. Nicolai C. Striewe MRICS wrote his dissertation at the Real Estate Management Institute (REMI) of the EBS European Business School. He now is responsible for investor relations, research and risk management at an Investment Holding in Munic, Germany.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-11619-4
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2016
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-11618-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-11619-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site