About this book
Markus P. Urban investigates the influence of large shareholders (the so-called blockholders) on agency costs and firm value, thereby accounting for blockholder characteristics and blockholder interrelationships. The work provides a profound theoretical and empirical analysis on the nature and effect of shareholder engagement with due regard to the specifics of the German institutional environment. Its empirical results illustrate that the effect of shareholder engagement depends on the characteristics of the specific blockholder as well as on interrelationships with additional blockholders.
Contents· Agency Theory
· Institutional Environment in Germany
· Monitoring by a Blockholder· Determinants and Empirical Analysis of Blockholder Monitoring
· Researchers and students in the fields of corporate governance and finance
· Policymakers, executives of listed firms and investors
The AuthorDr. Markus P. Urban completed his doctoral studies under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Annette G. Köhler at the Chair of Accounting and Auditing at the Mercator School of Management, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-11402-2
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2015
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-11401-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-11402-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site