About this book
The volume critically discusses theoretical discourses and theoretically informed case studies on state violence and state terror. How do states justify their acts of violence? How are these justifications critiqued? Although legally state terrorism does not exist, some states nonetheless commit acts of violence that qualify as state terror as a social fact. In which cases and under what circumstances do (illegitimate) acts of violence qualify as state terrorism? Geographically, the volume covers cases and discourses from the Caucasus, South East and Central Asia, the Middle East, and North America.
Researchers and students from the field of political and social science
Bettina Koch is Associate Professor of Political Science at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA (USA).
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-11181-6
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2016
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-11180-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-11181-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site