About this book
Karl Striegler investigates novel materials for photocatalytic hydrogen evolution from water. Graphitic Carbon Nitrides are an interesting class of materials with a structure close to graphite. For overcoming certain limitations, the author used different approaches to functionalize the basic material. He deposited nanoparticles to enhance the catalytic activity and used copolymerization as well as sensitizing to increase the amount of harvested light.
- Water Splitting
- Graphitic Carbon Nitrides
- Photocatalytic Hydrogen Evolution from Water
- Material Characterization and Improvement
- Nanoparticle Deposition
- Researchers and students in the field of chemistry
Karl Striegler is a Ph.D. student at the Institute of Chemical Technology, research group Heterogeneous Catalysis of Prof. Dr. Roger Gläser, at the University of Leipzig.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-09740-0
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2015
- Publisher Name Springer Spektrum, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-09739-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-09740-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site