About this book
By studying the ability of the Normal Tempered Stable (NTS) model to fit the statistical features of intraday data at a 5 min sampling frequency, Florian Jacobs extends the research on high frequency data as well as the appliance of tempered stable models. He examines the DAX30 returns using ARMA-GARCH NTS, ARMA-GARCH MNTS (Multivariate Normal Tempered Stable) and ARMA-FIGARCH (Fractionally Integrated GARCH) NTS. The models will be benchmarked through their goodness of fit and their VaR and AVaR, as well as in an historical Backtesting.
- Multivariate Standard Normal Tempered Stable Distribution
- High Frequency Data and Risk Management
- Researchers and students in the field of finance
- Practitioners in this area
Florian Jacob obtained his Master’s Degree in Business Engineering from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology focusing on the application of tempered stable distributions on financial data and financial engineering.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-09389-1
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2015
- Publisher Name Springer Spektrum, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-09388-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-09389-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site