About this book
Bettina Basel presents experimental conditions which allow to extract the three-spin contribution precisely from experimental multi-spin double electron-electron resonance (DEER) signals. The theory and concepts behind the used techniques, which are among others broadband chirp pump pulses, overcoupling of microwave resonators and echo reduction measurements, are discussed and explained in detail. Moreover the setup and results of DEER experiments with newly introduced double chirp pump pulses consisting of two separate chirps are shown. Particular attention is paid to the phenomenon of orientation selection and the concept of orthogonal spin labeling.
- DEER with Chirp and Double Chirp Pump Pulses
- Coupling of the Resonator and Determination of Its Resonance Profiles
- Gd(III)-Nitroxide DEER
- Echo Reduction Measurements
- Researchers and students of physical chemistry, biophysics, and chemical physics
- Practitioners within the field of Pulse EPR
Bettina Basel received her master’s degree in chemistry at Friedrich-Alexander University in Erlangen. Her master’s thesis was written during an ERASMUS stay at ETH Zurich under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Gunnar Jeschke.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-09191-0
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2015
- Publisher Name Springer Spektrum, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-09190-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-09191-0
- About this book