Table of contents
About this book
Based on more than 10 years of practical experience in the field of supply chain management, Oliver Münch indicates that in favor of sustainability within the supply chain the paradox purchasing savings can and should be substituted with the approach of the First-Time-Right Procurement.
This dissertation subjects the monetary measurement of purchasing savings to a critical examination and questions whether it still applies. It indicates that monetary purchasing savings exert a negative impact on sustainable company success. In order to achieve a long-term sustainable success, it is proposed that the monetary measurement of purchasing savings can be replaced by measuring process times within the procurement organization.
- The development of First-Time-Right Procurement
- Implementing First-Time-Right in the source processes
- Replacing purchasing savings with First-Time-Right Procurement
- Measuring First-Time-Right Procurement
- Students and researchers in the fields of business administration and supply chain management
- Executives who are concerned with procurement/ purchasing or supply chain management
Oliver Münch obtained his doctorate degree at the Cyprus International University under the supervision of Assist. Prof. Dr. Ali Öztüren. He currently works as the head of supply chain engineering in a German defense company.
- Book Title First-Time-Right Procurement
- Book Subtitle Substitution of the Paradox Purchasing Savings through First-Time-Right Procurement (FTRP)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-08620-6
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2015
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-08619-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-08620-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXV, 243
- Number of Illustrations 52 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site