About this book
Artem Boltyenkov explores the ways in which the hearing impaired can afford aided hearing. The most humane option for all hearing impaired is full reimbursement healthcare economic policy. Unfortunately, providing free aided hearing for all hearing impaired in the population is very costly. Countries, which cannot afford such generosity, need to know how to spend their limited resources wisely. The author recommends implementing the subsidized loans or the subsidized savings and loans healthcare economic policy to help the hearing impaired to afford aided hearing.
- Background information on hearing loss and treatment options
- Literature review on financing hearing instruments and implants purchase
- Qualitative and quantitative research on the healthcare economic policy for hearing impairment
- Substantive conclusions and final recommendations
- Scientists and students in health economics and public health
- Health economics experts, public health policymakers, health insurance experts
About the Author
Dr. Artem Boltyenkov has written his doctoral thesis at the Leipzig Graduate School of Management. His research focus is health economics of hearing impairment.