Christian Lucas investigates the effectiveness of sports sponsorships. Two empirical studies are conducted, based on a comprehensive literature review. Implications from both studies are derived that can guide sponsorship managers in their daily business. Successful sports marketing execution is more than purchasing a 30-second spot or signage in a stadium: It is to improve and enhance customer experience to be able to engage in a conversation with them. The first study analyses activation means by conducting a multi-level field study combining data about the sponsorship instruments of Bundesliga sponsors with fan perceptions. The second study examines international differences in sponsorship effectiveness of Formula One sponsors.
- Comprehensive literature review on sponsorship effectiveness
- Effectiveness of leverage and activation instruments in sponsorship
- Country-specific differences in sponsorship effectiveness
- Managerial implications of the research findings
- Researchers and students of Marketing, Sports, Event, & Brand Management
- Specialists in Sponsorship, Sports, & Event Management
Dr. Christian Lucas received his degree from the Carl-Friedrich-Gauß Faculty of the Technische Universität Braunschweig, Germany, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. David M. Woisetschläger. He also worked as managing partner in an event agency, serving sponsors at global Formula 1 GPs and as project manager in the international Brand Management department of a car manufacturer.