About this book
Thomas Feller sheds some light on trust anchor architectures for trustworthy reconfigurable systems. He is presenting novel concepts enhancing the security capabilities of reconfigurable hardware. Almost invisible to the user, many computer systems are embedded into everyday artifacts, such as cars, ATMs, and pacemakers. The significant growth of this market segment within the recent years enforced a rethinking with respect to the security properties and the trustworthiness of these systems. The trustworthiness of a system in general equates to the integrity of its system components. Hardware-based trust anchors provide measures to compare the system configuration to reference measurements. Reconfigurable architectures represent a special case in this regard, as in addition to the software implementation, the underlying hardware architecture may be exchanged, even during runtime.
- Trustworthy Systems, Reconfigurable Architectures
- FPGA Design Security, Authenticated Encryption
- Physical Attack Resistance, System Security
Researchers and students in the field of reconfigurable hardware architectures with an emphasis on secure and trustworthy systems
Practitioners using reconfigurable architectures and need to provide a high level of protection against overproduction and counterfeiting.
Thomas Feller finished his doctoral thesis at the Center of Advanced Security Research (CASED) and the department of Integrated Circuits and Systems Lab, Technische Universität Darmstadt, under the supervision of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sorin A. Huss.
- Book Title Trustworthy Reconfigurable Systems
- Book Subtitle Enhancing the Security Capabilities of Reconfigurable Hardware Architectures
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-07005-2
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2014
- Publisher Name Springer Vieweg, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-07004-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-07005-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 212
- Number of Illustrations 20 b/w illustrations, 15 illustrations in colour
Data Structures and Information Theory
- Buy this book on publisher's site