Table of contents
About this book
Competition-based models for research policy and management have an increasing influence throughout the research process, from attracting funding to publishing results. The introduction of quality control methods utilizing various forms of performance indicators is part of this development. The authors presented in this volume deal with the following questions: What counts as ‘quality’, and how can this be assessed? What are the possible side effects of current quality control systems on research conducted in the European Research Area, especially in the social sciences and the humanities?
- The Search Engine
- Semantic Analyses
- Extrinsic Indicators & Citation Analyses
- Intrinsic Indicators & Peer Review
- Relevance for other research fields
- Scientists from the field of educational sciences and other social sciences and humanities, particularly political studies and sociology
- Practitioners in research administration and policy
- Academic publishers
Ingrid Gogolin is Professor for International Comparative and Intercultural Education Research at the University of Hamburg. She was the Coordinator of the EERQI Project.
Fredrik Åström holds a research position at Lund University Libraries Head Office and works on the visualization of research fields. He holds a Ph.D. in library and information science.
Antje Hansen is a research manager at the University of Hamburg in the Faculty of Education. She holds an MA in European Studies from Boğazıcı University, Istanbul.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Assessing Quality in European Educational Research
- Book Subtitle Indicators and Approaches
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-05969-9
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2014
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Social Sciences (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-05968-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-05969-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 201
- Number of Illustrations 27 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Knowledge - Discourse
Social Sciences, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site