About this book
Diminished Reality is a new fascinating technology that removes real-world content from live video streams. This sensational live video manipulation actually removes real objects and generates a coherent video stream in real-time. Viewers cannot detect modified content. Existing approaches are restricted to moving objects and static or almost static cameras and do not allow real-time manipulation of video content. Jan Herling presents a new and innovative approach for real-time object removal with arbitrary camera movements.
- Real-time Video and Image Inpainting
- Diminished and Mediated Reality
- Video and Image Manipulation and Synthesis
- Researchers and students in the fields of Real-time Video Inpainting and Image Inpainting
- Experts in Video and Image Synthesis and in Computer Vision
About the AuthorJan Herling received the master’s degree (Dipl.-Inf.) in computer science from the RWTH Aachen University in 2008 and the PhD degree from the Ilmenau University of Technology in 2013. He is a CTO and cofounder of fayteq, a company concerned with advanced video manipulation technologies.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-05810-4
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2014
- Publisher Name Springer Vieweg, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-05809-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-05810-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site