About this book
The liner shipping network design delivers schedules and routes for ships that continuously visit harbours on a closed round trip. Examples of such ships are container ships that in many cases maintain a weekly harbour visiting frequency. Volker Windeck elaborates a liner shipping network design approach which is not only considering the harbours to be visited, cargo to be transported and number of ships available, but also considers environmental influences. Additionally the revenue contribution of alternative propulsion system can also be analysed. Extensive numerical tests indicate that significant saving are obtained when using this liner shipping network design approach.
· Routing and Scheduling in Maritime Shipping
· Environmental Routing
· Strategic Liner Network Design
· Researchers and students in the fields of transportation and logistics.
· Executives in the area of maritime transportation, ship routing and its management.
Dr. Volker Windeck wrote his dissertation under Prof. Dr. Hartmut Stadtler’s supervision at the Institute for Logistics and Transportation at the University of Hamburg.
- Book Title A Liner Shipping Network Design
- Book Subtitle Routing and Scheduling Considering Environmental Influences
- Series Title Produktion und Logistik
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-00699-0
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2013
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-00698-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-00699-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVI, 136
- Number of Illustrations 43 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site