About this book
The Illustrated Handbook of Succulent Plants represents the first comprehensive taxonomic treatment of succulents in thirty years. It covers over 9000 taxa of all succulents except Cactaceae.
The Crassulaceae (stonecrop family) volume presents the first complete treatment of the family for many decades. The family is a very diverse group, and plants range from tiny insignificant annual herbs to perennial shrubs and trees. Many of the species have attractive flowers. The entire family consists of 33 genera and 23 hybrid genera with a total of 1410 species and 305 infraspecific taxa. The largest genus is Sedum (stonecrop, wallpepper) with 428 species. Other large genera are Aeonium (36 species), Crassula (195 species), Dudleya (47 species), Echeveria (139 species), Kalanchoe (144 species), Rhodiola (58 species), Sempervivum (63 species), and Tylecodon (46 species). A key to all genera is included. The descriptions of all accepted taxa are supplemented with typification and distribution data, full synonymy, literature references and 341 colour photos.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-55874-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-62629-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-55874-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site