About this book
This is a book on deterministic and stochastic Growth Theory and the computational methods needed to produce numerical solutions. Exogenous and endogenous growth models are thoroughly reviewed. Special attention is paid to the use of these models for fiscal and monetary policy analysis. Modern Business Cycle Theory, the New Keynesian Macroeconomics, the class of Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium models, can be all considered as special cases of models of economic growth, and they can be analyzed by the theoretical and numerical procedures provided in the textbook.
Analytical discussions are presented in full detail. The book is self contained and it is designed so that the student advances in the theoretical and the computational issues in parallel. EXCEL and Matlab files are provided on an accompanying website (see Preface to the Second Edition) to illustrate theoretical results as well as to simulate the effects of economic policy interventions. The structure of these program files is described in "Numerical exercise"-type of sections, where the output of these programs is also interpreted. The second edition corrects a few typographical errors and improves some notation.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-54950-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-54949-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-54950-2
- Series Print ISSN 2192-4333
- Series Online ISSN 2192-4341
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking