Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a survey of recent advances in the development of antibiofilm agents for clinical and environmental applications. The fact that microbes exist in structured communities called biofilms has slowly become accepted within the medical community. We now know that over 80% of all infectious diseases are biofilm-related; however, significant challenges still lie in our ability to diagnose and treat these extremely recalcitrant infections.
Written by experts from around the globe, this book offers a valuable resource for medical professionals seeking to treat biofilm-related disease, academic and industry researchers interested in drug discovery, and instructors who teach courses on microbial pathogenesis and medical microbiology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-53833-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-53832-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-53833-9
- Series Print ISSN 1863-9607
- Series Online ISSN 1863-9615
- About this book