About this book
Virtually all countries in the world are experiencing an aging of their populations due to declining fertility rates and rising longevity. Aging has been the subject of much discussion in the last decade, often expressed in alarmist language. On Global Aging presents a more optimistic look on the effects of aging on the economy. Nonetheless aging will pose major policy challenges on the well functioning of the economy and the society as a whole.
On Global Aging describes and analyses the effects of population aging on social and economic issues, labour and financial markets, pension and health care expenditures and public finance, and the welfare of people. It surveys also the policy measures in the face of aging to secure the resource base. They are mainly aimed at increasing labour force participation and above all at stimulating productivity growth.
The book is a valuable resource for practitioners and policy makers and the wider academic community, economists, social scientists, gerontologists and others.
- Book Title On Global Aging
- Book Subtitle Old-Age Income Systems in the EU and Other Major Parts of the World
- Series Title Contributions to Economics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-50170-8
- Copyright Information Physica-Verlag Heidelberg 2003
- Publisher Name Physica-Verlag HD
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-7908-0030-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-50170-8
- Series ISSN 1431-1933
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 156
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Social Sciences, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site